Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HP Wireless C4599 - Ubuntu 9.04

I just get the HP Wireless Printer C4599 as the misses asking for network printer.
Anyway, It tooks me almost 1.5 hour to setup the machine. Windows XP driver install also run sluggish.
In short the printer is up and running now and works with Windows.
I install the driver on my wife Vista laptop so she can use it, it works and it is expected. It took less time than when i installed it on my XP.
Two days later (today) and accidently my grub start the Ubuntu. Hmm good time to play as I'm on leave this weeks. My curiosity tickle my brain as i realize that i had not setup the Linux for the new printer.
Googling around and found the this website, http://hplipopensource.com . I try to find my printer but it is not there. 'Dang' I need more time to make this thing work my brain told me. Hmmmm why don't i just try my luck.

I opened up SYSTEM>Printing and Server>New>Printer ....Searching.......... pop NEW PRINTER FOUND woops it found it even before i start to install anything.

Start the test page and it works. Start up XSANE for scaning and it also work. Amazing, I think to know that it is effortless to install this printer in Linux. Well Done HP, I like your printer now even the ink cost is pricey...

I wanted to tell my wife but she already sleep, so i blog it.

Enjoy Tuxiess

No comments: